Excellence and innovation highlighted in SSDA shortlist
The shortlist for the 43rd Structural Steel Design Awards has been announced by the BCSA and Tata Steel.
The shortlisted projects for this year’s SSDA awards, reflect the geographical spread of steel’s appeal for jobs large and not-so-large, including single storey and multi storey buildings, bridges and other structures.
David Lazenby CBE, Chairman of the SSDA Judging Panel, said: “Structural steelwork demonstrates success yet again, as the material of choice. In these tough times the entries to the SSDA continue to show great imagination, professionalism and service to the clients.
“In challenging situations, the teams involved in these really exciting schemes have impressed the judges by the fine spirit of cooperation and ‘can do’ enthusiasm to produce some outstanding results. 2011 has brought forward a great demonstration of the industry’s strength and capabilities.”
The winners of the SSDA awards will be announced at an evening reception in London during July.
The shortlist is:
- Marks & Spencer, ProLogis Park, Bradford
- The Rose Bowl, Southampton
- Riverside Waste to Energy Plant, Belvedere, Kent
- Newport Station Regeneration
- The Hauser Forum, Cambridge
- The Point, Lancashire County Cricket Club, Old Trafford
- National Museum of Liverpool
- The St Botolph Building, 138 Houndsditch, London EC3
- Excel Phase 2, Royal Victoria Dock, London E16
- Cannon Place, Cannon Street Station, London
- River Suir Bridge, N25 Waterford Bypass, Ireland
- New Cross Gate Flyover, East London Line
- Bridge GE19, East London Line
- New South Bridge, A406 Hangar Lane
- Goodwood Festival of Speed Sculpture 2011
- Exposure, Lelystad, The Netherlands
- American Express Community Stadium, Brighton
- North Stand Redevelopment, Leicester Tigers, Leicester