Eurocode version of Blue Book published
The BCSA, Corus, and SCI have published a UK Eurocode version of the ‘Steel Building Design: Design Data’ publication, which is also known as The Blue Book.
The new publication presents design data that has been derived in accordance with BS EN 1993-1-1: 2005: Design of steel structures. Part 1-1: General rules and rules for buildings, BS EN 1993-1-5: Design of steel structures. Part 1-5: Plated structural elements and BS EN 1993-1-8: 2005: Design of steel structures. Part 1-8: Design of joints using the partial factors for resistance and other national determined parameters given in the appropriate UK National Annexes.
Section properties and resistances for the following sections are given in the publication:
- Universal beams, universal columns, joists, bearing piles, parallel flange channels and structural tees cut from universal beams and universal columns to BS 4-1
- Advance Sections from Corus
- Section properties for ASB (Asymmetric Slimflor Beams) produced by Corus
- Equal and unequal angles to BS EN 10056-1
- Hot finished structural hollow sections to BS EN 10210-2 including Celsius
- Hot finished elliptical hollow sections to BS EN 10210-2
- Cold formed structural hollow sections to BS EN 10219-2 including Hybox
Copies of the publication can be purchased from the BCSA and SCI at £80 to non-members and £60 to members.