Steel Designers’ Manual
“It is hard to imagine that there is any steel topic that doesn’t receive at least a mention in this book. Even if you can’t find the complete answer, each section is riddled with references to places where it might be” – Mike Fewster, (Director, Billington Structures) in New Steel Construction May/June 2003.
This classic manual on structural steelwork design has now been reissued as a paperback edition. It is identical to the hardback edition and retains the restructuring that was introduced in the fifth edition. All chapters have been comprehensively reviewed and revised. Key features of the 6th edition are:
• Text and worked examples revised in accordance with BS 5950 1:2000 and BS 5400 3:2000.
• A completely new chapter on brittle fracture and fatigue, explaining the theory behind the current requirements of BS 5950 and BS 5400.
• New chapter on simple and moment connections, summarising industry best practice in these important areas.
• New chapter on Sustainability and Steel Construction reflecting the rapidly growing importance of the topic.
• New chapter on Eurocodes, summarising the principal differences with current national standards.
• Rewritten chapter on steel piling capturing recent developments
Priced only £45 (hardback was £89.50), the book continues to provide, in one volume, the essential knowledge of conventional steelwork (2005 price).
Editors: B Davison & G W Owens