Under the proposals, the site adjacent to Scotland’s national stadium Hampden Park will be upgraded to a league-standard ground complete with a new 812-capacity east stand and an extended west stand for 900 spectators.
As part of the works, the club also intends to refurbish some existing club buildings and upgrade the current changing rooms.
The club, which recently voted to end its amateur status, has traditionally used the national stadium as a venue for its league and cup games. The move to an adjacent smaller ground is partly due to the fact that Hampden Park will be owned by the Scottish Football Association from July 2020.
A statement submitted with the application explains: “Queen’s Park will no longer be able to play their 1st XI competitive matches at the National Stadium.
“The club therefore plan to renovate Lesser Hampden to a licensed stadium able to host competitive League and Cup matches.”
Queen’s Park is the oldest association football club in Scotland, having been founded in 1867, and is the oldest outside England and Wales. It is also the only Scottish football club to have played in the FA Cup Final, achieving this feat in both 1884 and 1885.