SSDA shortlist highlights steelwork’s versatility
The 17 shortlisted projects (see p10) showcase steel’s flexibility and versatility in a number of different and varying applications.
The shortlist also reflects the wide geographical spread of steel’s appeal for a variety of projects ranging from leisure and education buildings to retail buildings, with entries also received for an array of bridges, commercial developments and infrastructure facilities across the UK.
The winners will be announced at an evening reception on 4 October at the Museum of London.
The 2017 shortlist is:
• The Curve, Slough
• The Leadenhall Building, London
• Central Square, Leeds
• Fire Station, Waterford
• A400M MRO Facility, RAF Brize Norton
• LSQ London
• The Maxwell Centre, Cambridge
• Oriam, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh
• The Hurlingham Club Raquet Centre, London
• Wellcome Collection Dynamic Stair, London
• T-Pylon, Eakring
• West Croydon Bus Station
• Watermark Westquay Footbridge, Southampton
• Market Place Shopping Centre Redevelopment, Bolton
• Layered Gallery, London
• Stihl Aerial Walkway, Westonbirt Arboretum
• Selfridges – Duke Street Project, London